List members,
It bothers me that people want to "dumb down" the list
use to the least common denominator because a few people
have old software.  I could understand if it was
expensive to update your browser and email programs.
But in nearly all cases you can get the latest version
of software that will work with your system FREE.

In reference to my "sick pig" picture that apparently
caused some people problems --- that was not an
attachment.  It was embedded in the email in HTML
format --- the same as a webpage.  I do not like to get
unknown attachments so do not send them.  But, I found
out that some email programs --- AOLs seems to be a
biggie --- treats the embedded JPG file as an attachment
even though it did not originate that way.

It has been stated that attachments to the list are a
no-no but the listserv has not been programmed to reject
them.

I would suggest that you seriously consider updating
your software.  I recently went to Win98 (2nd Edition)
which includes Internet Explorer 5.0 and am amazed how
much better I can work on the internet.

If you wish to update your system I would suggest the
following websites.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/download/all.htm?bSh
owPage

This webpage allows you to get information on the latest
version of Internet Explorer for whatever operating
system you presently have (Windows, UNIX, Macintosh).
And you can get Outlook Express which allows you to sort
your email or reject emails with attachments or refuse
emails from certain address etc.  In most cases you keep
the same email address you always had with your local
Internet Service Provider --- you just get to use your
email more efficiently.  Email is usually part of a
local ISPs package at not extra charge so you can have
that address and still keep your address at AOL or
whoever.  Use the local ISP and Outlook Express to
access the PD list.

You may not be aware that you can access services like
AOL through your local ISP at reduced rates.  I had AOL
access for a long time at $4.95 per month because I used
a local ISP (not one of AOLs phone lines).  I do not
know if that low rate is still available.  I found I
could get what I wanted from other sources so quit AOL.

Another upgrade option is to log onto:

http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/   and click PRODUCT
UPDATES

They will ask you if you want Microsoft to determine
what updates are available for your computer.  That
gives them permission to look at your Windows software
and they then give you a list of updates that are
available.  You can then decide which ones you want.  If
you select one and say OK it will be downloaded and
installed.  Some require rebooting --- others do not.
BUT I WOULD SUGGEST to only select and install ONE
UPDATE AT A TIME.  It is also a good idea to restart you
computer after each update whether it tells you to or
not.

Hope this helps those with older software to update and
get more benefit from the internet and their email.

Paul