on 11/22/99 5:30 AM, Richard L. Pikunis, Jr., Esquire at [log in to unmask]
wrote:

> Any suggestions of what I should discuss would be appreciated

Richard, I do not know what your law specialty is, but it does appear that
not any money can be made in the defense of rights that are abused when the
disabled by PD persons have children and financial difficulties. also in
instances like Ivan who has replaced his home with insurance funds while
knowing that future income would be small. it is not likely that intent ever
was that SSI payments were going to support a homeowner while medical and
other services provision would be affordable if an individual chooses to
live alone.

perhaps this situation of disabled assets retention via some changes to the
disabled citizens law could be an issue you investigate. If you lose your
ability to earn, your future will be much affected depending upon your
circumstances at the time. there are inequities.

my civil service retirement could have been more lucrative to me. my PD
symptoms were permanent disabling from the diagnosis date. the federal
definition of eligibility for medical retirement is fully disabled. the
legal determination is not well-defined in my opinion. not even Stephen
Hawking or Christopher Reeves is completely disabled. my retirement was
after 30 years of working - the last 4 years taking sufficient medication to
allow me to function sufficiently to gain outstanding ratings just like
before diagnosis. i could have gone on sick leave instead of just taking the
nothing that i got as a compensation - for what other doctors declared total
disability: PD.

that choice would have given me full pay for almost two years as a result of
my accumulated sick leave and annual leave of forty days carried over each
year. the taxes on compensation after that would have also benefitted me.

My choice to just accept regular retirement additionally cost me a reduced
annuity of 2% per year for years less than 55 years of age.

my stinginess in regard to unnecessary purchases made it possible for me to
retire. we have not had luxury, but we have no financial crisis.

all or nothing disability benefit is rather inhumane imo.

the situation of care taking expenses paid by medicare and medicaid and
federal employees health insurance is not logically funded. best kept at
home is not the approach favored.

Dale Severance, a retired due to PD lawyer was very active advocating and
fund raising for a while. have not heard from him recently.
was his email address.

perhaps he could suggest something.

if you want to help me joust against the economic blunder that i consider
the worst injustice of all, read some of my soap box section on my web site.

Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter