--- Barbara Patterson <[log in to unmask]> wrote, in part:
>... as to the latest message which Janet forwarded to the list which
> included the appalling message below which was sent to Janet via an anon.
> server, I have very clear suggestions.  To me, that message is
> criminal...really criminal...a threat.  Janet, please forward that
> message with full headers to the RCMP who will, since this appears to be
> international, forward it to the FBI.  And, Janet, please report it to
> the [log in to unmask] AND the [log in to unmask]  The RCMP
> and/or the FBI will obtain a search warrant, if necessary, and identify
> who the original sender is.  No one, NO ONE, has to take this kind of
> abuse...and threat. ...

i do plan to report it, barb, thanks.

> No sensible person would issue such a threat...

well, i guess that was part of the thinking behind my
asking 'steve' to post it for me, aside from the fact that
yet another 'blockage' has hit internet direct...

setting aside the issue of the target of such a missive,
i find myself mulling over the motives of the sender

>>>Please shut up; your words indicate a break with reality.
>>>If you're tired of living, go with that feeling.

i'm just an amateur shrinkette
but it seems to me that this must be a yelp for help

i have a reputation for 'sharing' -
therefore i have to conclude that part of the reason
it was sent to me in particular, was to ensure that the message,
although sent 'secretly', would in fact become public
pretty darn quick

if the flavour of this message
reflects the kind of reality the sender lives in,
i figure he is in considerable pain

and if my olfactories are right,
he is most likely a pd sibling...

also, any reference to suicide, regardless of the context,
sets alarms bells off for me...

i wonder if the emotions he seems to be projecting onto me
are in fact, his means of expressing how he himself feels?

any comments from the list medicos?

in re your question about focus, barb,
if my radar is working,
noting could be more 'mr. pd' than this...

janet