wait
Date: 14th century
1 a : to lie in wait in a place of concealment especially for an evil
purpose
   b : to move furtively or inconspicuously
   c : to persist in staying
2 a : to be concealed but capable of being discovered; specifically :
to constitute a latent threat
   b : to lie hidden - lurk·er noun
synonyms LURK, SKULK, SLINK, SNEAK mean to behave so as to escape
attention. LURK implies a lying in wait in a place of concealment and
often suggests an evil intent <suspicious men lurking in alleyways>.
SKULK suggests more strongly cowardice or fear or sinister intent
<something skulking in the shadows>.
 SLINK implies moving stealthily ften merely to escape attention
<slunk around the corner>.
SNEAK may add an implication of entering or leaving a place or
evading a difficulty by furtive, indirect, or underhanded methods
<sneaked out early>.

Well, that's pretty convincing... Who wants to be a lurker??
Monitor perhaps??

Main Entry: 1mon·i·tor
Pronunciation: 'mä-n&-t&r
Function: noun
Etymology: Latin, one that warns, overseer, from monEre to warn