Group -

Indeed, this is exciting news about pig-to-human transplants.  As one of the
first to have this procedure, I am in a position to really appreciate what it
means to all of us.  First, this news by itself lends even more credibility
to the research efforts already in progress.  (I have been working with a
bio-medical company for more than three years on this cutting-edge
technology.)

Second, this could (and should) open up the path to more and better funding
for this important work.

Finally, more involvement (with more researchers) has the potential for
finding the cure or at least better relief of the symptoms which so brutally
affect our lives.

For those new members of this ListServe, you may be interested in reading an
online diary of my experiences with fetal pig-cell implants.  It is located
on a WebSite maintained by our own Janet Paterson.  Go to this URL:

http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/pienet/hithgang/hitjimf.html

As always, feel free to write with any questions.

Jim Finn