Ida

Thank you for your enquiry.  I have had, on balance, a very good result.
All but the very worst of my dyskinesias (the head ones) have been
suppressed, and even with the head dyskinesias I have experienced a
reduction in both intensity and incidence.

One unexpected bonus (given that my DBS was of the globus palidus and
targeted specifically at dyskinesia) is that my "On" time has increased
dramatically.  Prior to surgery I was experiencing about 70% 'OFF' time to
30% 'ON' time - now it is 80 % "ON" time and 20% "OFF" time.

I have no way of knowing how long this good result will last - there may
well be need for further adjustments as things progress but, if I may
slightly misquote D. H Lawrence, for the moment I feel as if " I am in the
hands of the unknown God, (who has broken) me down to his own oblivion (and
sent) me forth on a new morning, a new man"

Dennis