-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Tom Riess <[log in to unmask]>
Aan: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Datum: maandag 29 november 1999 21:16
Onderwerp: DBS SURVEY

Hi Tom,

I think your survey may be very useful, but I would like to make some
comments:

1    In Belgium the about 90 patients that underwent DBS of the GP or the
STN have formed a supportgroup and their answers to your survey may be
useful. If you are interested I can give you the emailaddress of the
coordinator of the group.
2    There are DBS's of GP, Thalamus and STN. Also there may be a difference
in L/R, one or both sides.
3    Also can be important what kind of surgery was performed before the
DBS. (pallodotomy L/R, thalamotomy L/R, DBS of GP L/R). And how long ago did
they have the(se) previous operation(s)?
4    Not only the (change of) voltage is important and/or can be essential
for the result. Other issues are: the EXACT target location, the number of
electrodes used, the positions of these electrodes related to the target and
eachother, the polarity of the electrodes, the used frequencies.
5    I suggest you ask dr. van der Linden if he is available to help you
define all relevant questions about DBS's.

Hans.