Peter,

Congratulations on completing your first trial hike!!!  Backpacking is a
hobby I enjoy but haven't done much of the last year.  I thought when I read
you were going to hike the Pacific Crest Trail you were some kind of
superman!! That is a very difficult hike even for someone in the best of
condition, too many high elevation sections for me...how about the hard but
better marked John Muir Trail?  Ever thought about hiking to the top of Mt
Whitney?  That is a great accomplishment for anyone, and what a view!  I hope
to try to get a little backpacking in next summer too, I sure miss loading up
the pack and hitting the trail.  Good luck to you.

Happy Trails

Sherry
49/48/43