Dear Experts..

I am new to PD and need more info on meds to keep my neuro on his toes!  I
have been using Mirapex alone since dx in early Aug.  After a long battle of
increases I am now up to 4.5MG per day with no positive results.  Now my
neuro wants to keep me at this level for the next four weeks to be sure there
is no improvement before trying something else.  After reading the posts on
the list over the last few weeks, it seems strange to me.  How can I be sure
it's really PD?  Shouldn't I have been given some sinemet to see if I
improved to be sure of dx?  Don't most people need more than one medication,
should I give up on Mirapex before adding something to it?  It's all very
confusing....not to mention depressing.  Thanks for your input,

Sherry
49/48/43