I hope that many of you will respond to my invitation to be critical of my
manuscript

What were your goals in writing "My Second Life"?

  My goal was to recount my Parkinsonian experience as faithfully and
honestly as I could with the hope that others could learn from my experience
and not make the same, or as many mistakes as I did.

  A secondary, but important goal was to make the reader want to turn the
page, in other words to make and keep the story interesting.

In what form did you write your book?

  I wrote it in the form of a ‘memoir', a literary style that looks at a
life, or part of a life, from a particular viewpoint or perspective.  In my
case, that vantage point is Parkinson's Disease and how it affected me.

  I t is important to note that I generally don't comment on drugs I haven't
taken or surgical interventions I haven't had.  They are not within my
experience.

Is your book historically accurate?

  In general, yes.  The only exceptions are when it makes a more interesting
story I have put words in my characters' mouths or altered the chronology
slightly.   In no case is the context altered.

Hope the comments are useful.