Hello to Russ and all. . .

Your quote from an especially poetic Sam Baardman composition
is most appropriate for the occasion!

Our solstice in Vancouver was, not surprisingly, a cloudy one.
Ironically, the clouds are low fog caused by a high pressure
system.  We will get no rain over Christmas, but we won't see
the sun, moon, or other celestial manifestations for several
more days.  As we mortals blunder about at sea level, about
half-way up Cypress Bowl a person can apparently gaze into a
clear infinity above and then down onto a sea of clouds, with
no sign that a huge city exists underneath the layer.

Here's wishing all CASLLers a joyful holiday, a merry Christmas,
and a Y2K-free New Year.  I look forward to seeing many of you at
Inkshed on Bowen Is. this coming May.

Best, Amanda