Hello everyone.
I am a very new member of the group and this is my first point.  I am the
child of a Parkinson's Patient in Minnesota, USA.  And we have come to a
very difficult stage in my mom's treatment.  I am hoping that someone out
there as some insight for me and my family.

Quick medical history:
Mom, Marilyn Van Beek, was diagnosed with PD about 25 years ago, she is now
67.  I am told that she is the patient taking the most medication of any
patient seen at the Mayo clinic.  She is confined to a Nursing Home no
longer able to walk, or even get out of the wheel chair.  She had the
palitodomy (I am sorry about the spelling) surgery about 6 years ago on one
side of the brain.  The improvements from the surgery were amazing.  Mom
suffers mostly from rigidity.  She takes cinemet (again my spelling....)
every four hours.  This is all that I can think of off the top of my head,
if there are specifics that can help with advise please let me know.

Now, the problem is that in the last 3 weeks, mom has gone from being
responsive, coherent, and healthy to having hallucinations, confused, and
vomiting with severe diarrhea.  I do not believe these symptoms to be PD
related, but people at the Nursing Home believe that they are.

Any suggestions....  Please.....

Doug Vukson-Van Beek
www.gryph.com

p.s. I like weigh in on the Blueberry question in pancakes, no spinach.....