At 22:50 5-12-99 -0500, Greg Sterling wrote: >>>> Times I guess it is different for everybody. Without sinemet I would never get any relief from my dystonia. I have "wearing off" dystonia. Sinemet does not cause it, but sure stops it.0606,0000,0000 Greg 47/35/35 <<<<<<<< Greg, I know how terrible "wearing off" dystonic dyskinesia can be. I did suffer from them for many hours every day. However I did not know what caused them. Till another listmember told me and I did read the Algorithm of Management of parkinsons disease and learned from that how to change my meds intake. The result was I had much more good hours. After a pallidotomy I do now have it only during one or two hours in the evening and in one side of my body. If it is really "wearing off" dystonia that you have, it is caused by sinemet. That sounds absurd, because your experience is that it stops when you take a sinemet. It is the same mecchanism which makes an acoholic needs first in the morning a drink to be able to start up. The same alcohol which poisened him in the eveninbg, is in the morning his medicine.. I know now that it is not only rhetoric to say that,but that the neurophysiological mechanisms of addicts with "abstinence" symptoms are the same as what happens in the brain of PDs with "wearing off". It is all about glutamates, which are very important neuro-transmitters and are to active in the addicts brain. My neuro told me that he used to try to wean people with theses symptoms off leva-dopa an let them live on agonists. But my Parkinson seems to be of a kind that it makes no senmse even to try. Unlike alcoholics,not every sinemet- addict gets theses symptoms. You belong to a minority. But knowing might make a difference. Feel free to ask more Ida P.S read page 7 of the Algorithm about dyphasic dyskinesia (page of J.Cottingham Kind regards / Vriendelijke groeten Ida Kamphuis