At 17:39 6-12-99 -0500, you wrote: >>>> TimesIda,0606,0000,0000 Very interesting. Didn't know that. Now how do I get off sinemet, and is that at all possible after taking it for 12 years? Maybe I could substitute a good wine instead. Greg 47/35/35 Times0606,0000,0000 Greg, Me too I haven't been able to get off sinemet. Not every PWP seems to be able to function on agonists alone. But that doesn't say you can't do nothing. One very easy measure is to take in stead of sinCR (if you use that) a sin.gen as last med. of the day. That will make the That will make the whole process of coming down faster and also the time you suffer from dystonia. Much research is going on now about anti-glutamates as possible med. for Parkinson. They are expected to be very efficient against all Leva-dopa-induced-dyskinesias and dystonias, as are surgeries in the Globus Pallidus and in the Sub Thalamic Nucleus. Besides I did read somewhere on the net that a low dose of the anti-psychotic clozapine could help and also the beta-blocker propanolol. Amantadine might have effect, because it is an anti-glutamate, though a very weak one This med has been used for a long time because it was coincidently learned it had an effect on Parkinson, but one didn't understand why. It seems to be that the right anti-glutamate , which could do the trick, has yet to be developed. So the problem of "wearing off" dystonic dyskinesia has not yet been solved. Not only there is not yet a therapy (except surgery), but for me there is yet one puzzling question about it. I had the impression that "wearing off" dystonic dyskinesia popped up when there was a shift in dopamine level. But other people pointed out it was a definite range of the dopamine level,one goes through when there is a shift that triggers the symptoms. I have for both theories empirical evidence, but they can't be both true. Ida Kind regards / Vriendelijke groeten Ida Kamphuis