On  5 Dec 99 at 21:06, J. R. Bruman wrote:
> Jenni Ayers wrote:
> >
> > Can you describe dystonia in 25< words?  My husband takes Sinemet
> > too .
>
> Dystonia, of the kind experienced in PD, is the uncontrolled cramping
> of one or more muscles (not always the same ones), usually I think in
> the legs, which can be quite painful. In athletics a similar cramp is
> called a "charley horse". The PD dystonia is caused by depletion of
> dopamine (or its effect) at the end of the dosage interval, and should
> vanish shortly after taking the next scheduled medication dose.
> Cheers, Joe

Good description Joe!  I would like to add 1 comment... in my case I
experienced dystonia at least 4 years before dx and at least 6 years
before I took any sinemet... So, in my case, the dystonia is definitely
not caused by sinemet.  As Joe says, I experience dystonia when I'm off
meds, and my dystonia is relieved by sinemet.  I'm not on any other meds
at this time...

Cheers, ................. murray  55 now/ 49 dx/ 38 symptoms/