Hi Jeanne and PDF, Jeanette, Judith , Barb Blake-Krebs, Marge and
Dick Swindler...and anyone in KANSAS:

I am writing with comments on HOW MUCH money we have now won,
and with a thought about approaching Sen. Brownback.

At our  Portland, Maine PD support group last Sunday, $215,000,000.00
was
stated to be the current estimate of PD research funds..This new
total came from the regional  APDA meetings in New Hampshire in early
November.
  We were all rather surprised, and delighted, after years of petitioning
and
hard work in Washington and locally.

***  I was kind of wondering how it was calculated,. and if the PDF has
the
same , or a different amount that is used by the APDA.. The PAN numbers
are so much
lower that I am a little uncertain.

*  I need to understand  the numbers   more accurately , so that when I
am
 on TV or radio, which is happening more and more, I can speak more
authoritatively.

  Could we mobilize a "Sen. Brownback  team" , with constituents like
 Barbara Blake-Krebs and Marge and Dick Swindler as very able leaders,
 to turn him around? on the stem cell research issues?

***  PLEASE let me know if I can be of any assistance.  Thanks,
Jeannette,
for your willingness to advocate while in Washington in January.

Jeanette, I think PWP Perry Cohen would be a superb source for you.

 Ivan
 :-)