The elderberries in my yard grow in big, fan-like clusters.  IF you can
beat
the birds, the raccoons and the squirrels,
you get to enjoy them.  They have a little  sting to them, and are sort
of
tart like a black cherry, so they need to be boiled and sweetened, and
then,
they are terrific for jelly, icecream, and with other berries.

They stain quickly, but have been the source of wonderful purple dyes
for cotton fabrics.

Ivan

:-)