Doug: I am too new myself to yet give cogent advice but there are lots of
knowledgeable people who will probably start answering in the morning. If
Janet weighs in, you will probably have to provide lots more info regarding
meds and the pallidotomy. You may also discover that the nurses are right in
their estimation of your mother's new problems being PD symptomatic. I'm not
good with our list archives but someone will explain to you how to get good
basic PD info for you to be more aware. Chin up. The list will help you and
you may even get some suggestions to help your mother.

Paul H. Lauer