On Sat, 4 Dec 1999 11:51:21 -0800 SIR JAMES1st <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
>    I NEED HELP, WHERE DO I START
>
>         I think it's time I filed for SS benefits of some kind, (CUT)
>
>         I've heard it takes two years even if your eligible. (CUT)

Hi, "Sir James,"

     I have been a recipient of SSDI since 1992.  You can win the first
time
you try, if you document your symptoms in your OFF-periods
well enough, and provide sufficient proof that earning a living is nearly
impossible for you at this time, due to your medical condition.

      In my case, I did NOT get SSDI the  first time.  At that time,
"Young Onset" PD was nearly unheard of. I was 42/39/36 then. Many
precedents exist now, but then, there were not many precedent cases.
There were NO celebrities with PD who the general public knew about.

      If that happens (your application for SSDI was not successful),
either you can wait until a whole year has passed, and reapply, in
which case, you can succeed fairly easily, or you can challenge
the first decision, and not wait.

     My initial application took six or seven months.  I decided to
wait and reapply, and was successful. Then I got a check that was
back-dated and was substantial.  My Medicaid began then,
also.

  One WARNING:  if you need Medicaid (health insurance
but no eyeglasses or dental) , your income will be brutally
capped.  My Medicaid cap stops me from earning more
$21 per month .

  Good luck, "Sir James"

Ivan :-)  50/39/36

 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses          43 deg. F   :-)