-----Original Message-----
From: Parkinson's Information Exchange Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Rick Nuss
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 1999 9:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: New to Sinemet

Dear List Members:
    I was dx. two years ago with PD.  My symptoms are rigidity and
slowness on my right side.  Lately, I've noticed my fine motor skills
getting worst and occasional trouble with restless legs. I  had
an appointment this week with Neuro and he suggested that I add
Sinemet.  I have been on Selegiline for the past year and take
5mg, 2x daily.  The doctor gave me a prescription to take Sinemet
1/2 tablet - 3x daily.  (25/100).  I started three days ago on this
medication and have been taking the pills at 6hr. intervals.
7:30 a.m.
1:30 p.m.
7:30 p.m.
    Does this dosage and time spacing sound ok?
    Do I have to watch my protein intake with this medicine.? I asked my
pharmacist that question and she said only if your diet is high in
protein that it will block the absorption of the medicine.
    Any opinions from this wonderful list are appreciated.
    Carol   45/45/2