Nancy -

Dick had severe dystonia on low doses of Sinemet.  He was helped by bilateral
pallidal stimulations, but still had some problems.  The biggest help for him
was Mirapex.  He was able to cut his Sinemet dosage in half.  Apparently
Mirapex doesn't cause dystonia, but Sinemet does.  (Our observation).  I
don't know if this would be helpful for you, but it would be worth discussing
with your neuro.  You obviously need some source of dopamine.  You might find
you can continue on low doses of Sinemet if you add the Mirapex.

Good luck.  Margie Swindler, cg for Dick, 55/18

<<
 i have dystonia on my right side from my neck to my toes.  especially
 bad in my arm and wrist.  my neuro said she thought it might be caused
 by the sinemet.

 my neuro is slowly taking me off the sinemet and i am finding that my
 balance and strength are going also.  i think the balance and strength i
 get from the sinemet is going to be necessary so i will have to suffer
 with the dystonia.

i was on 35 ml liquid sinemet and now i am on 15 ml each hour and my
 dystonia is much better but my balance and strength are not good.  i
 wonder what it will be like when i am off it all together.

 nancy