Dear Paul,

> By the way, daily protein requirement seems to be about from 0.8 -1.0 grams
> of protein per kg of body weight. I'm not sure if that is a US or European
> standard.

That's a good observation on your part. The amount (.8 gm protein/kg
body wt) is a universal standard. However, in the U.S. we measure body
wt in pounds. So, to get your number of kilograms, you're quite right,
divide your body weight in pounds by 2.2.

Example: a 150 pound person.

150 lb / 2.2 = 68 kg

68 kg x .8 gm protein = 55 gm protein per day

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs;"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease,"
J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/