Dennis Greene wrote:
>Agreed - the balance between agonist and levodopa is critical in my
>experience.  In fact I'm convinced that I read in some authorative
source
>that Permax lists dystonia as one of its side effects.  I have been
unable
>to find the reference however so throw it in here for what it is worth.

I would like to see this reference if you come across it since I was
prescribed Permax supposedly for dystonia.

By the way, I researched the dystonia question and pain is not a
prerequisite for symptoms to be classified as dystonia but, I'm not
questioning the testimonies on this list that severe dystonia is
painful.

I do periodically have painful dystonia when stressed and fatigued
(unfortunately becoming a normal day at the office). The only thing that
will make the muscle relax is my TENS unit. Adjustments in medication
don't help. I do some stretching and repetitive exercises as a
preventative measure, and it does help. However, stretching/exercise has
no effect once the muscle locks up.

Phil Gesotti 50/46+