Hi all,
    Very interesting posts thanks Hans and Charles. The human body never ceases to amaze me.
Just when we think we get a bit of a handle on its workings, up turns a whole new(for me) fascinating angle of looking at it.

>Gastrointestinal effects of PD attributable to the enteric system's
>involvement in the disease include reflux, delayed gastric
>emptying, and decreased motility.  Swallowing difficulties and
>constipation, which have aspects falling under both voluntary and
>involuntary control, may be the result of PD in both the brain and
>the ENS.

Since it appears that the dopamine produced in the Enteric Nervous System is largely responsible for the functioning of the gastro-intestinal tract:

Does this mean that DBS does not affect this?
Has anyone on the list who has DBS noticed any difference in gastrointestinal effects?
 I am particularly interested to hear if constipation has eased after DBS.
Anyone care to comment?
 Erika.

BTW has anyone heard from Janet? I miss her and hope she is well.