    I NEED HELP, WHERE DO I START

         I think it's time I filed for SS benefits of some kind, but I'm at a
lose as to what I may be eligible for.

Quick run down;;;;
         1. self employed
         2. no health ins.
         3. no major assets
         4. wife doesn't work
         5. 47/46/43

         I've heard it takes two years even if your eligible. And they always turn you down the first and second time you apply. Is it any faster or better to use a lawyer?

           My doc says I should qualify and he'll help. If I could just get help with the cost of meds that would be something.

         Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the serious stuff and no dragon,  I got yelled at and sent to my room[ joke barb]
         p.s.  Janet nice to see you posting

SIR JAMES 1ST
First  Knight of the Royal Order of the Keyboard
by appt. of the King