1) 69 years, male,dx in1983 ;16 years now

(2) primarily dyskenesia; also for wearing off and sensitivity to food.

(3)  years and 10 months right side; 2 months less for left side.

(4) all done in one procedure for each side.

(5) None really noticeable; there was swelling and black and blue coloration where the stimulators were placed and my barber notices the lumps where the openings were sealed off, each side of top of my skull.

(6) They were turned on the day following each operation.

(7) almost immediately.

(8) It took 3-4 trips for adjustments but since then they are doing  OK.

(9) do not know.

(10) adjustments were made as needed at intervals of a week on up to a month..

(11) changes noticeable  immediately at times, but not noticeable over time adjustments made.

(12) surgery gave me a strong emotional lift ;am beginning to need more support though in last year or so.

(13) only recently have noticed less need for meds. Since going on Tasmar a year ago, have cut back about 20% on Carbidopa/levopdopa.

(14) Can run rather clumsily both then and now.

(15) I have been disappointed that it is only recently that I could cut back on meds; but am more than ever convinced that it gave me a 3-5 year turn back on my parkie clock. It would be presumptuous of me to recommend anyone get a pallidal stim as dr. Koller has found the subthalamic nucleus does an even better job.

(16) Cost of the devices is rather steep at $10,000 each and it may be needed in another year or two. When my batteries give out, the entire unit on each side of my chest will need replacment.

your participation is sincerely appreciated

Tom Riess