Hi Charlie and Nancy: As both a PWP AND a health care
professional, I am of 2 minds about this issue:
#1. I believe in empowering the health-care consumer
(patient), and knowledge is power.
#2. In actual practice I don't always encourage the client
to read the entire package insert, or the PDR, for that
matter. If you considered every conceivable side-effect
possible, you would never take even an aspirin. Hopefully,
health care professionals already know this. So, take all
the warnings with a grain of salt. Let me add that if you
suspect side-effects when starting a new medication, run,
don't walk to the nearest information source source AND get
in touch with your M.D.
After reading what I just wrote, I think I may even be of 3
minds re: this issue.
                    Carole H.