Everyone,

At 7:00 PM -0500 12/13/99, Phil Tompkins wrote:
>Bill,
>Welcome to the list.  It's good to see that you are coming up with ways to
>cope with your new diagnosis.  There are others on the list who can better
>answer your question in terms of the underlying mechanism (Does heavy
>exercise deplete dopamine faster than normal?).   At least I can say that in
>my experience that stress in its various forms makes PD symptoms worse.
>These forms include excitement (even watching an exciting scene in a
>movie), exercise, and hot weather.

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful hints on this matter.  I think
I got the most authoritative from Dr. Abe Lieberman of the NPF "Ask
the Doctor" forum.  I've posted his reply to my question:
>  *********
>  Question:  Does heavy exercise deplete dopamine faster than normal?
>  *********
on my diary web page
http://Bill.Innanen.com/parkinsons/current.shtml, so I won't repeat
it here except to say that this phenomenon has been noted before,
that it's not yet known what casues it, but that it's not related to
dopamine levels.

So much for my idea!

Thanks again to all.

Bill
--
Bill Innanen                     <mailto: [log in to unmask]>
                            <http://Bill.Innanen.com> & <http://mni.ms>