Bonnie, I have the same problem with escalators. I think it
has to do with proprioception and spatial orientation. To
me, it means I can't judge where the escalator begins and
ends. Add to that PD balance problems and the inability to
stop when you've got momentum going and I'm not surprised
your Dad is terrified. I think more so-called handicapped
ramps, etc. should be designed by the people with the
handicap.           Carole