From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: Mehmoirs
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:46:41 EST
Subject: 5-mile runs
To: [log in to unmask]

Kathrynne,
 My husband jogs five miles three mornings a week. Says  it removes stress
and that he solves many legal problems on the road. (he's a lawyer).

 I jog better on water than on land;  do about a thousand along with my water
aerobics. But I must confess I have been lax lately. Just had carpal tunnel
surgery
 but will be back in harness soon.

 Cathy Curtis, PT conducts  CLINICAL TRIAL at
Columbia Presbyterian Medf. Cent.,De[t of Physiotherapy, hoping to define the
benefits of exercise on PD.
 The trials are ongoing. I participated in one a year ago. Defonitely feel the
benefit to this dday,...But one must stick with it on one's own.
 I'll ask  Kathy to perhaps announce the trials to our Listserv.
I do not have Janice's E-mail. Perhaps you would be so kind as to forward
this to her.
MARY