On 11 Dec 99 at 15:20, Mario A. Gonzalez wrote:

> Can someone tell me how to get rid of one network address. Recently my ISP was sold to
> another ISP and now I receive mail to two addresses.
> I am [log in to unmask] and also [log in to unmask]
>

> thanks,
>
> Maro

Hi Mario,
I recently had the same problem when Telus absorbed Sympatico here in
B.C. Canada.  I use Win 3.1 and Pegasus e-mail and my browser is Opera
and the Win Sock and dialler are leftovers from Mosaic so I was told
politely that I would probably have to upgrade as Telus had no
intention of supporting anything other than Microsoft, Win 95 / 98,
Outlook Express etc. or Netscape and its bundled e-mail.  Fortunately
they did keep both Sympatico and Telus active for several months and I
was able to reconfigure my Pegasus PMAIL.INI file and subscribe to both
addresses as you have done.  When Iwas sure both addresses were working
I reconfigured back to Sympatico and unsubscribed from PARKINSN List.
Then I reconfigured once more to Telus and everything was OK.  This may
sound complicated but it only took a couple of hours.  My best advice
is:     1.) Keep a backup
        2.) Don't make changes if you are not confident you will be able to
reverse them if they prove disastrous.
        3.) Contact your ISP and see if they offer support for your system.
        4.) If all else fails, appeal to the mercy of the List Owner to
manually unsubscribe your old ISP.

all the best ................. Murray