Janet: You wrote:

gee, i thought a cat scan would not show parkinson's
maybe i'm thinking of a different type of 'photo-op'

A few months ago I had an appointment with Dr. Stanley Fahn. When I was
setting it up, his secretary asked that my regular Neuro forward all records
including any MRI's of the brain (note: she asked for MRI not CAT Scan). I
didn't have such so I asked my Neuro to schedule one. He did and when the
results came back, he told me it was normal which took me aback to say the
least and gave me a momentary flush of joy. I asked him if that meant I
didn't have Parkinson's. He said that it meant I did, since the MRI is taken
to rule out other possibilities rather than to rule in Parkinson's.

Paul H. Lauer