To: Irene Rosenthal
From: Will Kuipers

I had that problem too and I used to lose files every day, or mess up programs.

It so happens that I am partly ambi-dextrous, like I throw lefthanded, kick
with my left foot too. So the obvious solution was to train my left hand to
handle the mouse.
This went fairly well, but now I have found a medicine regimen that does away
with the tremor for the most part. Of course I went back to a right-handed
mouse.
When the tremor was still a problem I submitted a question like yours to the
List and got some advice which you may get too.
The advice was to use a trackball instead of a mouse. I never tried it but it
might work out for you.
One of my problems was also that using the scrolling arrows on the right side
of the screen was extremely difficult, as the size of the little squares is
just too small to keep the cursor in there. For this I got the recommendation
to use the Page-Up and Page-Down keys on the keyboard. This really simplifies
the scrolling.
Hope this helps,

Will