From: Arthur Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Music therapy
Date: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 2:00 AM

At 02:07 PM 12/7/99 , Ivan Suzman wrote:

>Sometimes, when I sing, my PWP persona magically fades away,
>and something special happens.  I wonder if any of you out there in
>PIEnet-land have similar experiences with singing(those of you who
>still can do so).  I credit singing with saving me from going almost
>voiceless, like some of our less fortunate PWP family (notably Muhammad
Ali).

Ivan, funny that you should mention that.  Today, Wednesday, 8 December,
PACT, in Denton, TX, is having a meeting where the topic is Music Therapy.
Rena Porter of Texas Women's University will speak.  From the flyer, "Music
therapy is the prescribed use of music and music-related strategies to
assist or motivate a person towards specific NON-musical goals.

The meeting is at 1:00 PM in the First Christian Church.  E-mail me
off-list or call at 972-434-2377 (metro) for more details.

Art