 Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        36   deg. F   :-)
Dear PIEnetters,

  Does anyone wish that you had to wait only 15 minutes, instead of 30-45
minutes, for each dose of Sinemet to "kick in"?

  Imagine how your life might be if  the dour, dreaded "off-periods" were
reduced to
a quick ten or fifteen minutes. Imagine the impact on work, travel and
family life!

If Dupont or any smart competitor would make a totally new Sinemet,  that
is quickly "dispersible" in water, like Madopar, as described  below by
Nigel.Harland, I would be first in line for such a product!

How do we find the FASTEST solution to  manufacturing it?
We could alleviate a tremendous amount of suffering among us.

Ivan
:-)

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:30:19 -0000 Nigel Harland <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
 Dispersible means that the tablets
>will>dissolve in water, therefore making them available in liquid form.

I am pleased to be able to say that the results of the changeover have
been all I could have hoped for, response times down to 15-20 minutes
without fail, kicking in quickly with minimal discomfort. The tablets
come in 125 mg and are scored so they can be cut,

(CUT)