----- Original Message -----
From: Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 1999 11:53 AM
Subject: a revolutionary replacement for Sinemet

> ^^^^^^  WARM GREETINGS  FROM  ^^^^^^^^^^^^  :-)
>  Ivan Suzman        50/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
>  Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        36   deg. F   :-)
> Dear PIEnetters,
>
>   Does anyone wish that you had to wait only 15 minutes, instead of 30-45
> minutes, for each dose of Sinemet to "kick in"?
>
>   Imagine how your life might be if  the dour, dreaded "off-periods" were
> reduced to
> a quick ten or fifteen minutes. Imagine the impact on work, travel and
> family life!
>
> If Dupont or any smart competitor would make a totally new Sinemet,  that
> is quickly "dispersible" in water, like Madopar, as described  below by
> Nigel.Harland, I would be first in line for such a product!
>
> How do we find the FASTEST solution to  manufacturing it?
> We could alleviate a tremendous amount of suffering among us.
>
> Ivan
> :-)
>
> On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 08:30:19 -0000 Nigel Harland <[log in to unmask]>
> writes:
>  Dispersible means that the tablets
> >will>dissolve in water, therefore making them available in liquid form.
>
> I am pleased to be able to say that the results of the changeover have
> been all I could have hoped for, response times down to 15-20 minutes
> without fail, kicking in quickly with minimal discomfort. The tablets
> come in 125 mg and are scored so they can be cut,
>
> (CUT)
>  Hi Ivan:: I have been crushing my carbidopa/levodopa pills and suspending
them in filtered water for several years at the advice of Dr. Bill Koller. I
make up a suspension of 10 of the 25/100's in  a liter. It has cut my
response time down so that I can depend upon relief in about half an hour
and I take smaller more frequent doses; every hour take 60 ml's.(2
oz.)PLease see our support groups web site for information on the dose
bottle I use: It makes the frequent doses easy to measure

THe URL is www.cjnetworks.com/~nekpa