Paul Lauer said in part:

A few months ago I had an appointment with Dr. Stanley Fahn. When I was
setting it up, his secretary asked that my regular Neuro forward all
records
including any MRI's of the brain (note: she asked for MRI not CAT Scan). I
didn't have such so I asked my Neuro to schedule one. He did and when the
results came back, he told me it was normal which took me aback to say the
least and gave me a momentary flush of joy. I asked him if that meant I
didn't have Parkinson's. He said that it meant I did, since the MRI is
taken
to rule out other possibilities rather than to rule in Parkinson's.

To which I reply:
That is basically what my diagnosing neurologist said to me.  The MRI
showed I did NOT have a tumor or evidence of a stroke and having ruled out
those two possibilities, he thought I might have Parkinson's disease even
though at age 47 you are too young.

That was when I let out my breath, figuring not a brain tumor or not a
stroke should be good news.  It wasn't until later after reading about the
progression of pd and that there is no cure that I began to worry about
havind pd.

Jeanette Fuhr 49/47/44?