Will -

You said your neurologist (presumably in NJ) has to send people to London for
a PET scan.  Does he know there's a PET scan machine at North Shore
University Med Center, Long Island, NY?  I think Dr. David Eidelberg is still
in charge of the that program.

Margie Swindler

<<
 There are only a few PET scan machines, about 250 in the world the last I
 heard.  They are quite expensive to buy and terribly expensive to operate.

 The result is very few machines and high cost. The one I was in at Johns
 Hopkins was out of service for months a while back for repairs /
 replacement parts from Sweden.  There is a second PET scan machine in
 Maryland at NIH. The neurologist I use in New Jersey [in a med school] has
 to send people [rarely] to London to get a scan done.  T'ain't cheap!!

 Will Johnnston