----------
From: Merlin H Brown <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: newbie-ness and MRI
Date: Thursday, December 09, 1999 9:53 PM

i had a similar experience. after being told by a neuro, after a 15
minute exam, that i had PD,i was given a prescription for sinemet and
told to come back in 6 months. my wife and i decided on a 2nd opinion.
that neuro told me i probably had PD, but that a series of
tests,including an mri had to be performed. this was to eliminate
illnesses such as brain tumors and Huntington disease. by the time we
were through, my wife and i were thrilled that i only had PD

murph brown 57/9