First & Last-Name wrote:

> with all due respect: your view of  patients and package inserts seems to me
> on a par with  "keep the women barefoot and pregnant".
> i think that what i don't know might hurt me.
> sincerely, nancy spires

Nancy:With all due respect I think you might be exagerating a bit.  I have seen
a great many PPI's (package inserts) in the past 40 years, and I know there is
far more there than any patient is able to know or even understand.
Discussions of the kinetic dissolution rates in pharmacological studies is just
simply gobbledigook for most patients.
If I were to take all the possible adverse reactions seriously, I would not
even drink water unless it had a conductivity of 10 to the 11th power mhos, and
a pH between 6.9 and 7.1 and then ....
What you might know then may really confound you into a maze; but you are
totally free to learn whatever you want.  I was a research chemist and my wife
was an RN, and all the information is just too much for us.
Good luck and good learning,
Michel Margosis
'Carpe Diem'