Hi all,

Does anyone have any suggestion on how to ease my dad's fear of going down
ramps? While I was out with my folks yesterday, dad wanted to cut across the
path of grass & lean onto the car & walk his way around it rather than go
down the "handicap access" ramp, which was right in front of the car. Another
time, he didn't want to go near the curb as he was "fearing" the yellow curb
was a drop-off.

About 6 weeks ago, a walker (the kind w/big wheels, hand brakes & a "seat")
was supposedly ordered thru the VA. He was told originally that it would
arrive in 7-10 days but it still has not yet. In fact, as I understand it, it
was actually only ordered 1 week ago. I'm wondering if his fears will lesson
any once he has use of this walker.

Thanks

Bonnie
daughter of Jim 77/72