Hi Janice, and thanks for the very positive update -- 5-mile runs are
fantastic, good for you!! I'm sorry to say I don't know of studies
regarding HARD exercise workouts, but there is ample confirmation that
regular exercise is greatly beneficial for people with PD.

Incidentally, Beth phoned from Virginia Beach a few days ago; she is
doing very well, loved Arizona and New Mexico, but is getting a bit
travel-weary and thinking of planning her trip back to Australia. She is
such a resourceful and courageous woman, truly a role model and ideal;
can't begin to say how much I admire her!

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs;"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease,"
J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/