First & Last-Name wrote:
> thank you diagnosed early   95. started sinemet late     96 with 3/day.
>
> i'm not  taking vitamins --thought  they interfered with sinemet absorption.

When levodopa alone was administered, vitamin B6 was found to block its
absorption. The newer combination of levodopa-carbidopa is not blocked
by B6 in amounts up to 6 mg per day. So it's fine to take a general
multivitamin/mineral supplement, unless your physician knows of some
reason why you should not do so.

> and does sinemet interfere with   my synthroid? thought i read that in
> package insert.
> I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP

I'm not aware of any interaction between Sinemet and Synthroid; perhaps
someone else has some information?

Best regards,
Kathrynne

--
Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease"
"Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique nutrition needs;"
"Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in Parkinson'sdisease,"
J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/