>DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT RHABDOMYOLYSIS IS? APPARENTLY THERE WERE SEVERE CASES
>WITH COMTAN. I THINK LYSIS MEANS BREAKDOWN AND RHABDOMYO IS  SKELETAL
MUSCLES.
>NANCY SPIRES

You are correct.  It is a severe breakdown of muscle tissue causing extreme
toxicity which can lead to kidney failure.  Muscle pain is the symptom, and
is frequently ignored until the condition becomes critical.  Because PD
folks have muscle pain on a regular basis it is important that any usual
pain be reported to the doctor immediately if Comtan is being taken.

Incidentally, Rhabdomyolysis is also a side effect of cholesterol reducing
drugs such as Lipitor.
------
Mary Ann (CG Jamie 60/40)