Good morning friends ... I just wanted to pass on this bit of information on
making your computer Y2k compliant ... I am the "tech help" person for a joke
newsletter online and I wrote this tip not to long ago ... hope this is
helpful ... Best of luck everyone :)
Laura CG for dad (Gil) 65/49/45

Windows 95 & Windows 98 is NOT Y2K Compliant

In order to make your computer Y2K compliant, you should visit the Microsoft
Updates website.  For those of you that have Windows 98 its easy, do the
following:

Click on your Start button
Then go to Windows Update

This website will analyze your computer and then give you a list of all kinds
of updates.  The one's you need to focus on are the updates under Critical
Updates.  This is where the update to make Windows 98 compliant will be.  You
might want to scroll down there may be some other updates you are interested
in!

For those who have Windows 95, please visit the following Microsoft website.
You can download the update from there :)

 <A
HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wu
featured/win95y2k/default.asp?site=95">Windows 95 Year 2000 Update : [Y2K,
Windows 95, Year 2000]</A>
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/wurecommended/s_wufeatur
ed/win95y2k/default.asp?site=95

Attention!
More Y2K Information

Lets jump into the future for a moment:  Its 11:59 P.M on December 31, 1999 ~
Is your computer Year 2000 Compliant???!!!   The clock is ticking folks!!

As you might know, there are three components to Y2K readiness: Hardware,
Software and Data.

I just downloaded and installed this terrific program from Microsoft's
website:  Microsoft Year 2000 Product Analyzer.  This program scans your
computer's hard drive looking for core Microsoft software and generates a
report with year 2000-information.  Its a great program, I just installed it
and ran it and thankfully I am compliant!  Sure puts my mind at ease.

Please visit the website below and follow the instructions on downloading and
installing the Product Analyzer.  Please print and read through all the info
on the webpage before you begin anything.  Please note the button to download
is near the  bottom of the page, just click on "DOWNLOAD INTELL VERSION".

 <A HREF="http://www.microsoft.com/technet/year2k/pca/pca.htm">Microsoft
TechNet - Microsoft Year 2000 Product Analyzer 2.0</A>
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/year2k/pca/pca.htm

(This is taken directly from the webpage)  To download the latest version of
the Microsoft Year 2000 Product Analyzer Database please follow these steps:

1   Run the Microsoft Year 2000 Product Analyzer
2   Choose Custom from the Select Wizard Options page
3   On the Update Database page, ensure that the "Update database only if
newer   version is available" option is selected

Continue with the wizard and the new database will automatically be
downloaded
After the new database is successfully downloaded, it will replace your
original database.The Product Analyzer will automatically check your database
each time you run it and will offer to update it from the web if it is older
than 2 weeks.

NOTE: It will ask how you would like to view the results of your system and I
recommend you select the HTML option (which is already selected for you).
You will be able to view your results with your web browser.

And finally .......

Here is a program similar to the Microsoft Year 2000 Product Analyzer.
 <A HREF="http://www.symantec.com/sabu/n2000/n2000_ret/">Norton 2000 Retail
Edition</A>
http://www.symantec.com/sabu/n2000/n2000_ret/

(Copied right from the website) Is your PC "millennium ready"?  Don't wait
until January 1, 2000 to find out whether your spreadsheets, databases,
financial programs - even your e-mail program - might go out just as the new
year comes in.  Norton 2000 software is the fast, safe way to identify Y2K
threats to your critical applications and data.  It audits your applications
against a database of known Year 2000 problems and gives you a comprehensive
report on its findings - today, while you still have time to head off
trouble. It can even scan inside the most popular spreadsheet and database
applications to find non-compliant formulas and numeric data that could wreak
havoc with your business.

Because many programs rely on accurate date and time information from your PC
to work correctly, Norton 2000 also tests your system's BIOS and clocks - and
can fix many of the problems it discovers. You even get LiveUpdateâ„¢
technology for downloading the latest updates and information from Symantec's
Year 2000 database. Version 2.0 also includes the Fix Assistant, which
automates some of the most repetitive and tedious Y2K corrections.  If you
rely on your PC, rely on Symantec and Norton 2000.