hi all

1999 has been a significant year for me

i have been belted and blessed
['tough love'] at the same instant
by the fact of qualifying for disability pension
as provided by my co-ontarians

[why oh why is it so hard to ask for help?]

i have nested
in my own home in canada
for the first time in 20 years

i have re-gained
a clutch of 24 count-em 24 niblings
previously long-lost for over 20 years

i have inched
toward my long-lost newly re-found daughter,
still unseen since she was 3 months old in 1966
but much enjoyed via e-mail so far and anticipating a 3D visit soon

i learned
html and set up my own web-site

i learned
how to read graphic depictions of brain surgery
without fainting instantly

i jumped
[feet first] into listserv
and mailing list nerdling

i have taken
a long hard look at the "wwwinnebago-on-the-wwweb"
which is my web-site "a new voice" and have found it wwwanting

[my apologies to jim finn and don berns and bill harshaw
for the unexpected delays caused by the unexpected re-organization]

all of the foregoing
have left their marks on me
[which i hope i am the better and wiser for]
and quite possibly on a few other of my co-travelers

we are all in this creaking old bus together
like it or not
believe it or not
and hard as it is to imagine at times
not a single one of us is doing the driving

[why oh why is it so hard to be a back-seat non-driver?]

in the spirit of the season
i ask forgiveness from any and all whose toes got squished
due to my frequently boundless and sometimes heedless enthusiasm

if learning means goofing up
i are very smart by now

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/6263/
613 256 8340 po box 171 almonte ontario canada k0a 1a0