> ** Original Subject: Re: ADD symptoms like PD?
> ** Original Sender: Bent Willow <[log in to unmask]>
> ** Original Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 09:37:26 -0500

> ** Original Message follows...

> Drew wrote:
> -----.  My neurologist said he thinks I have
> >PD but wants to rule out the fact that some symptoms that can cross over
> from ADD-like
> >tremors-[not cogwheel (sic)], forgetfulness  of words, weakness of one
> side, lack of
> >movement of same side, mask like feeling on face although not showing very
> much etc.
> >
> >He said that he feels I probably have PD, but at my age-30- he wants to
> rule out ADD
> >and to a much much lesser extent MS
>
> Have you had ADD as a child and adult?  This is a syndrome that doesn't

Yes, but never with anything besides the general nervous tics.  Too much blinking (vs
not enough now....)

> occur suddenly - one is born with it.  As an advocate for children with
> disabilities I have seen my share of ADD and ADHD.  Symptoms are first seen
> in the hospital new born nursery before the kid ever gets home.   Many of
> the kids I follow are highly athletic, but are diagnosed with bipolar
> disorder when they reach adulthood with alarming frequency.  Many of them
> also have gross and fine motor deficits.
>
> My husband also has your problems, but they are a result of Sinemet.  Are
> you on that med?

No, not til the ADD is ruled out AND he also told me that regardless of that, since they
aren't 'getting in my way' that it is better to wait for Sinemet.

 Maybe just this town thinks that way as my General Practictioner thinks the same thing.

> ----
> God bless
> Mary Ann (CG Jamie 60/40)

Disneyfreak
FDC President of Southern California Operations

"We allow no geniuses around our Studio."
Walt Disney

http://www.maggiescafe.net
http://www.disneyfreak.org