You wrote:
 >I'm sorry but Dr. Iacono is a neurosurgeon not a neurologist. A
 >neurosurgeon cuts while a neurologist diagnoses and prescribes treatment.

You're right Dr. Iacono is a neurosurgeon but he is a neurosurgeon who
understands Parkinson's Disease as well as any neurologist I have ever
encountered in my 19 years of dealing with PD since my diagnosis.  The fact
that Dr. Iacono has the capability of providing a surgical solution
certainly does not disqualify him from prescribing treatment.  Granted this
is not the modus operandi for most neurosurgeons, but then Dr. Iacono is a
very special doctor who has dedicated himself to effectively treating
persons with PD.  And I believe there is none better, hence my
recommendation to Michael.

All you have to do is look at results.  I daresay no one comes close to
achieving the results of Dr. Iacono either through prescribing medicines or
performing over 1700 pallidotomies and thalamotomies.

Most neurosurgeons cut but Dr. Iacono cares and prescribes before he
cuts.  But when he cuts he cuts out the symptoms of PD.

I just wanted to answer Michael's question as I would want it answered if I
asked the question and there was somebody who knew what I know to be true.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to clarify.  Thanks for the good work
that PDF has done, is doing and will continue but please don't dismiss so
easily one of our most effective advocates for treating PD.

Don (bi-lateral pallidotomy) Berns

For more info log on to www.pallidotomy.com