Dear Michel: Perhaps the neuro's office SHOULD BE a
library, or at least a gateway that points you in the right
direction towards accessing resources like the national
Parkinson's organizations, and this List. When faced with
the davastating diagnosis of an incurable, chronic,
degenerative neurological disease, it would be helpful to
learn about the wonderful available support and education
that many patients and caregivers don't know is out there.
This was reinforced for me when I volunteered for the
N.Y.C. Parkinson's Walk and sat at an information booth on
a N.Y.C. streetcorner giving directions to the Walk. So
many people asking for brochures, etc. So many people
starved for information about this disease. I am a
health-care professional, so I know where to look. What
about the others?
                Fondly, Carole