As of this writing, I have received twenty requests for the DAPS tape, "A
Story of Hope."  As much as I would like to, I am not acknowledging each
one individually.  I am told that the tapes will be ready for me to pick up
on Tuesday or Wednesday - If true, I'll be able to mail them out this week
before I leave town for the holidays.  If not, I may have to ask y'all to
wait until the year 2000 before I'll be able to mail them.

We've had several people offer to pay for the tapes.  Thank you, but I
don't care to have the hassle of handling the money.  The tapes are a gift
to those who request them, the cost of the tapes and the mailing has been
covered by the grant.  You are not even obligated to watch the tape when it
arrives, but we certainly hope that you'll do that and share it too.

However, DAPS does have a "Sunshine Committee" that will take donations -
and that will be mentioned in my cover letter.  We will stop mailing tapes
when the grant money runs out - and we have a long way to go on that.

For those of you who missed the original  e-mail, here's a repeat with a
slight modification - for clarity, I hope.

******

Jim West of DAPS, the Dallas Area Parkinsonism Society, has produced and
directed an excellent twenty-five minute tape about our support
organization.  The tape tells about Parkinson's and what we at DAPS are
doing to help Parkinsonians.

I have arranged for us to receive a grant which will allow us to share this
tape with several hundred prominent people in the Parkinson community and
their support groups.   Most of these prominent people are you, the people
on this list.  Within the limits of our grant we will gladly send at no
cost a copy of this tape to all listmembers who ask for one.

[Technical note: the tapes are VHS and the color is NTSC.  This is the
system used almost universally now in the U.S.A. and Canada.  However,
unless you have the capability of viewing an NTSC tape and tell us so, we
will not send any tapes beyond the U.S.A. and Canada.]

If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the tape, please request it by
writing me OFF LIST.  Please show your complete snail-mail address and also
tell us what support group(s) if any you belong to.

Art